PaperCut NG 16.3 (Build 38127)September 27, 2016
PaperCut NG 16.3 (Build 38242)October 5, 2016
- Support for Toshiba E-Bridge Next cloud apps print job tracking and charging.
- Improved performance on the Manager mode account selection popup. The “Username or ID” field is now pre-populated with the user’s username so they can submit their print jobs more quickly.
- Ricoh printers: Improved the accuracy of toner level reporting when it is below 20% on some devices. A new Config key (toner.fetch-public-mib-then-private) has been provided if you require that level of toner reporting.
- Fixed a problem with reports for multiple departments or offices, where the comma separated list of office/department codes provided included spaces. (since 16.1)
- Site Server: Fixed the following issues that occurred when permissions were assigned via a user directory (eg. Active Directory) group:
- some shared accounts were not displayed on the device panel
- the Integrated Scanning icon was not displayed on the device panel
- Web Print sandbox mode: Fixed an issue causing Web Print to become unavailable if the Web Print server name is six characters in length and contains only letters and numbers.
- Integrated Scanning:
- Improved the reliability of scanning documents where the name of the resulting file would become longer than 200 characters.
- Fixed an issue causing the Scan button on the Home screen on some Web Services devices to become unresponsive when the device was registered on the Application Server, then moved to a Site Server.
- PCL6 printers: Improved color page counts.
- PCL5 and HPGL plotters: Improved page counts on some PCL5 and HPGL plotters.
- KIP plotters: Fixed an issue causing incorrect postscript copy count.
- CUPS-based print servers: Fixed an issue preventing tracking of print queues with Xerox drivers.
- Mac and Linux: Fixed an occasional issue preventing PaperCut from automatically registering CUPS printers for some drivers.
- Oracle database: Fixed a problem when there were multiple jobs in a single session, where the most recent job was not charged to a user’s account.
- Release Station / Pay Station terminal: Improved reliability of the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed an occasional issue causing an incorrect Total Printed Sheets count in reports when multiple copy jobs are performed in a single login session. This issue occurred only when all copy jobs were either simplex, or all were duplex.
- HP devices: Fixed a rare issue causing devices to display the following after the Application Server is restarted:
- an ‘Unknown device” error message when attempting to copy
- a blank Print Release screen when attempting to release a print job
Copier / Device Integration:
Konica Minolta (OpenAPI):
- The supported PaperCut connector version is now 3.1.1.
Ricoh (SDK/J) v5.4.2*:
- Added the following config keys to control Scan-to-me address book timing and avoid device functions not being displayed on Smart Operation Panels:
- Integrated Scanning enabled devices: Fixed an issue preventing users from logging in if their username had a diacritic mark (for example, umlaut, tilde).
- Fixed an issue causing user passwords to be displayed in debug server logging ( server.log file) of Secure Access requests.
- Improved the reliability of user identification (via ext-device.xerox.use-job-owner) in situations where the Accounting-User-Id field was not accurate.
- Allow customization of the Xerox login prompt text from the CWIS admin web interface rather than from PaperCut MF (via ext-device.xerox.login-instruction).
- EIP 2.0+ devices: Fixed an issue on some models with recent firmware versions, preventing jobs from being processed. (since 16.2)
- This release does NOT contain a database upgrade.
- Devices marked with * require installing an updated version of the embedded software to access new features and fixes.