Client setup to print from a macOS device
To add a printer
Make sure your Apple Mac is connected to your organization’s network (e.g. Wi-Fi).
- Navigate to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners.
- Click the icon under the Printers List.
- The Add dialog is displayed. This dialog displays a list of all of the discovered printers on the network.
- Select a printer. The Name, Location, and Use is displayed.
- Check that Use is set to Secure AirPrint.
- If Secure AirPrint is not displayed:
- Close the Add dialog.
- Disconnect from the network.
- Reconnect to the network.
- Try again. If you still cannot see Secure AirPrint, contact PaperCut Support.
- Click Add.
- Print your document. When prompted enter your PaperCut username and password.
- Repeat for any other required printers.
If are not sure how to print from your application, take a look at Print from your Mac.
If you enter the wrong authentication details, MacBook devices do not show any warning message; your job just will not print.
If your job doesn’t print, check the Print Queue dialog. If the print job is there and has the message Held for authentication, click the icon; then re-enter your login details.
If you are using account selection, then additional configuration is required. Contact your system administrator for more information.
Mobility Print supports macOS Yosemite+.